Lead Line Contest
- Classes: Junior ages 5-12
Senior ages 13-18
Adult 19 years & over
- Contestant’s outfit must be at least 80% wool.
- Contestants must halter train a ewe lamb, yearling ewe, or a wether lamb. No rams allowed.
- The sheep does not have to be owned by the competitor.
- All sheep entered must be accompanied by a veterinary certification of health. See also Animal Health Regulations. No pens are allocated specifically for entries.
- Judging will be based on:
Wool Outfit - 60 points
50 pts - color, fit and style appropriate to wearer
10 pts - some or all work done by exhibitor
Sheep’s Fleece - 20 points
10 pts - general appearance
10 pts - fitted to breed requirements
Poise and Control - 20 points
10 pts - poise of contestant
10 pts - control of the animal
Total - 100 points
- Premiums in each class are:
1st $25 2nd $20 3rd $15 4th $10
- Register by April 13, 2014
To register for the Lead Line Contest, send your name, address and phone number, the class you are entering, a description of your outfit, and information about the sheep (including ownership) to:
or email email@example.com.